Job related problem?
Follow these guidelines:
- Call Your Advocacy Specialist immediately (see list below).
- Do not sign anything under pressure. Politely refuse and indicate that you need time to think.
- Do not discuss the matter with anyone but Association representatives. All discussions with OEA Advocacy Specialists and staff attorneys are held in strictest confidence.
- DO NOT RESIGN. If your resignation is accepted, you may forfeit your rights under the law. A resignation may also be used in a civil or criminal action as evidence of admission of guilt.
- Keep Copies of All written documents. Any agreements or proposals reached with the school district should be put in writing. Keep copies of all evaluations received and other documents related to the problem, including postmarked envelopes.