• Student artists in grades 3-12 draw or paint a
picture that depicts weather in literature. (e.g. Cloudy With A Chance for Meatballs or the twister scene from The Wizard of Oz, or non-fiction like Isaac’s Storm or the Perfect Storm).
• Lower elementary students (kindergarten through second grade) may participate through the coloring contest. The official coloring sheet can be downloaded from OEA’s website, okea.org/raa.
• All Oklahoma public school students are eligible to enter.
• Entries must be submitted on white, unlined 8½ x 11 paper.
• DO NOT FOLD ENTRIES.
Each entry must include the following information on a label attached to the back of the drawing:
o Title of Entry
o Student’s Name
o School District
o Teacher’s name (homeroom or art teacher)
o School phone number
Entries must be hand-drawn or painted. Computer-generated art will not be accepted. Pictures will be judged on creativity, use of color and content. Extra-credit is your picture includes weather!
All entries must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020. Mail, hand-deliver or overnight entries to OEA Focus on Reading, OEA Headquarters, 323 E. Madison, Okla. City, OK, 73105. (Entries received after the deadline will not be judged.)
All entries will become the property of the OEA and must meet all contest rules to be eligible for prizes.
An Award of Excellence and an Award of Distinction will be given in four categories, as well as an overall Best in Show:
• Kindergarten through 2nd grades
($25 and $10 gift cards)
• 3rd-5th grades ($50 and $25 gift cards)
• 6th-8th grades ($50 and $25 gift cards)
• 9th-12th grades ($50 and $25 gift cards)
• Best in Show ($100 gift card)
• Up to three entries in each category will be named honorable mention (certificates only).
Winners will be announced on Monday, March 2, 2020. Prizes for the winning entries will be delivered in March; honorable mention certificates will be mailed to the students’ schools.