Like most organizations throughout Oklahoma and around the world, the Oklahoma Education Association is taking steps to help prevent spread of COVID-19. Here are the precautions we are taking in the coming days:
- Service to our membership will remain paramount, but OEA employees will avoid schools as much as is practical.
- Meetings with non-staff will be limited at OEA offices.
- Our legislative team will still host lobby days for members. Instead of meeting at the OEA office in Oklahoma City, we will meet on the second floor rotunda of the Capitol.
- Many OEA employees will be working from home at least through March 23. Our goal is to not interrupt service to our members.
- Virtual and phone meetings will be preferred. In-person meetings will be limited to smaller groups to encourage social distancing.
- OEA employees who are exposed to COVID-19 will follow CDC guidelines for self-quarantine.
We are committed to ensuring we reduce risk of contracting and spreading the coronavirus. As with every aspect of this pandemic, things are constantly changing, and we will do our best to keep our members informed about what is happening.